Wednesday, March 26, 2008 ;
Updates on the China move:
Our move to Tianjin has been postponed from Mar 18th as earlier planned. I guess most of you would have known already, since we are still here, now.
The company had considered switching the factory location to Shanghai at first, so we were looking at moving to Shanghai for awhile. Shanghai would be more cosmopolitan, and it is more convenient for transport and communication with the rest of their suppliers in China. However, a long search turned up no suitable factory location that had a reasonable rent. They were too expensive. Not to mention our living costs, which will be much higher than in Tianjin.
So they considered Suzhou. I was also ok with Suzhou because they also had a Singapore International School, like Shanghai. Then they realised the bows made there will warp and bend when they are exported over here. As did a batch they sent over. Change in humidity too great.
So it is back to Tianjin, because wrt climate, humidity, temperature etc, it is the most like Salt Lake City and many other parts of USA where the bows will go to.
That's why now, Dh will make another trip to Tianjin in April.
And that is also why Dh decided that me and kids would go back to Singapore first and not fly from Utah direct to Tianjin. There is just too much that is not confirmed, and we don't have a place to live in Tianjin yet. He would like to settle things in the factory first, then look for an apartment for the family, then get us to go over.
Since the kids have no school, and I don't have any commitments, we are agreeable. In fact, I am excited over the prospect of spending more time in Spore. But everything will only be confirmed after Dh's trip to Tianjin this April. So if we go back, it would be in May, I guess.
The other thing is, Dh has asked both my mom and his mom (my mom in law) to come to Utah for the last vacation. My mom in law hasn't been to USA before. I think Spring is a good time to come, for them. I'll bring them to see the tulips at Thanksgiving Point.
Then I'd be able to do more packing as well, since Dh is perpetually out the whole day now. And then me, kids, and both grandmas will be flying home to Spore together.
See you guys real soon!
rainbows every day, do not worry for the morrow